# # #
1. MARICOPA, ARIZ. – Salsa Festival – Maricopa Monitor (Arts & Entertainment): This is a compilation of interviews, video and still photos from the City of Maricopa’s seventh annual Salsa Festival.
2. TUCSON, ARIZ. – Business Profile for Society of Professional Journalists (Business Feature): April 2008 – The University of Arizona School of Journalism hosted the SPJ Region 11 conference and asked students to put together business profiles on local establishments to show at the conference.
3. CHANDLER, ARIZ. – A Memorial Tribute to Linda Lewis (Obituary): Linda Rae Starks Lewis passed peacefully Sept. 26, 2010 at home in Chandler, Ariz. after a one year ten month struggle with breast cancer. She was born Aug. 29, 1960 to Charles and Virginia Starks in Ponca City, Okla. She is survived by her husband, Greg; sons, Matt Lewis and Craig II Starks of Chandler. She is also survived by her parents; sister, Laura Starks; and brother Craig Starks. Please consider donating to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Breast Cancer Research, your local hospice or the Si Se Puede Foundation.
4. BARCELONA, ESPAÑA – Barcelona (Travel Feature): This is the second travel piece I worked on; after my visit to Barcelona, Spain. The first one I did was on my trip to Beijing, China. It includes commentary and a compilation of photographs and videos.
5. MARANA, ARIZ. – WCG Accenture Match Play Press Conference – Ernie Els (Sports News; Breaking Update): Mr. Ernie Els, a professional golfer from South Africa, talks to reporters after his practice round on Monday, Feb. 20 at around 2 p.m. at the Ritz-Carlton at Dove Mountain in Marana, Ariz. Copyrighted Matt Lewis 2012. All rights reserved.
– 30 –
Published & Unpublished Photographs
College assignment (top left)
Craig Starks, age 12, plays with his dog, Cinnamon in his backyard in Chandler, Ariz. on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2008. He rewards the dog for good behavior. (More Photojournalism class photos)
Published (bottom left)
Dick Dobson on the banjo and fellow musician Suzanne Langtroth talk before the barn dance.
Freelance Work (bottom right)
Hosted by NowPublic, an online news site which calls themselves “crowd-powered media.”
The picture is entitled, “Malta – Hypocrisy of Vending Machine selling Cigarettes” (Flickr photo). The story is entitled “Study shows: Smokers try to quit, but can’t.” (Full article) Photo taken in the Republic of Malta on July 30, 2008. Similar Mediterranean photos (Unpublished)